APPLICATION FEES ARE $55/ PERSON FOR EVERY APPLICANT OVER THE AGE OF 18*
PROGRESSIVE PROPERTY GROUP REVIEWS ALL APPLICATIONS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS, HOWEVER, ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION IS DEFINED AS:
- An application for all occupying tenants over the age of 18
- Copies of ID’s
- Copies of paystubs
- Application fee(s) received by Progressive Property Group, LLC
YOU HAVE UP TO 48 BUSINESS HOURS AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR INITIAL APPLICATION TO TURN IN ALL NECESSARY PAPERWORK FOR A COMPLETE APPLICATION AND TO HOLD YOUR PLACE IN LINE
Rental Qualifying Criteria
Progressive Property Group’s standard lease term is for 12 months. However, Progressive Property Group may accept more or less than a 12 month lease, on a case by case basis.
Progressive Property Group may allow pets in certain rental units. Pet privileges are at the sole discretion of Progressive Property Group, as determined by the owner of the property. A pet deposit and a non-refundable pet fee are usually required for each pet. The pet deposit, non-refundable pet fee and/or monthly pet rent amount will be determined by the property Owner. The pet deposit and pet fee must be paid in separate certified funds. Service/Companion animals must be certified by a licensed physician and do not require a pet deposit or a non-refundable pet fee. However, such animals are still required to abide by Progressive Property Group’s pet policies. The following breeds are not accepted:
Progressive Property Group, LLC and the Owner reserve the right to decline any animal. No puppies under 1 year of age will be permitted. An exception to these policies may be made for service animals.
Progressive Property Group adheres to the HUD guidelines which mandate that no more than 2 persons shall be allowed to occupy a single bedroom. Thus, for example, a 3 bedroom apartment may have no more than 6 occupants. If an occupant is added through birth or adoption, and thereby exceeds the limitation imposed by the HUD guidelines, then the Tenants of the rental unit may continue residency until their lease term ends. In such case, however, the lease will not be renewed. Tenants must notify Progressive Property Group immediately if there is a change in occupancy. Failure to notify Progressive Property Group of a change in occupancy shall be a material breach of the lease.
In most cases, Tenants are responsible for the payment of all utilities. The utilities shall either be put into a Tenant’s name or they will be billed monthly to the Tenant by Progressive Property Group. Tenants are responsible for a pro-rated portion of all house meters, in addition to any sub-metered utilities. Progressive Property Group charges a $5 monthly administration fee to each resident for billing outside sources, such as utilities & trash. Keys will not be provided until proof of said utilities are in Tenant’s name.
A non-refundable application fee of $55 per adult (18 years of age or older) is required to cover the costs of ordering and reviewing a Tenant’s credit, employment, criminal, and rental history. The applicant(s) must submit rental application fee(s) in certified funds or money order. The security deposit(s), first months’ rent and/or pro-rated rent must be in certified funds or money orders SEPARATELY. A security deposit will not be collected until applicant(s) is approved. The application fee is not refundable. Up to three (3) business days may be required to process each application. A Responsible Party Guarantor may be needed and is required for all full-time students. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED FOR INITIAL PAYMENTS.
Qualifications to rent include:
1) All Applicants, with the exception of the Applicant’s children, must be at least 18 years of age and provide photo identification;
2) As a general guideline, the monthly rent amount may not exceed 30% of the Applicant’s gross monthly income and the Applicant’s total monthly debt shall not exceed 50% of the Applicant’s gross monthly income. Income must be verified with the two most recent pay stubs and will be confirmed either verbally or in writing by the Applicant’s employer. Equivalent verifiable assets may also be used to meet qualifying requirements by providing proof of other income, such as child/spousal support, retirement, student loans/grants, etc.
3) Applicant’s must have a satisfactory rental history and credit history;
4) A background check will be performed to ensure that an Applicant has committed no felonies or sexual offenses; Progressive Property Group MAY accept non-violent crimes older than 10 years, at the sole discretion of the landlord/owner
5) Any bankruptcies must be at least one year old with satisfactory credit re-established;
6) Any Applicant without current employment MAY be approved to rent, but the Applicant must pay advance rent (number of months to be determined), in addition to the security deposit;
7) Applicants must have no unresolved evictions on his or her record within the past 3 years. If an applicant owes monies to a previous landlord, they must provide proof of a payment plan to pay off the debt and confirmation of acceptance by the previous landlord. Are you a US citizen? If so, please provide proof. (birth certificate or passport will work) a: If not, are you lawfully in this country? (Landlord does not rent to persons who are not lawfully in the country, or who will not be “lawfully present” during the term of the lease). If yes, please provide proof/documentation. b: If you are not lawfully in this country or your “lawful presence” status has or will expire before the end of the term of the lease, then we cannot rent to you.
Additional Required Documents:
- Copy of ID
- Most recent paystub or if self employed
- Most recent year’s tax return.
Progressive Property Group is an equal opportunity company and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, marital status, handicap, familial status or natural origin.